A DFD or DWD as defined by the Ministry of Manpower and the Workplace Safety Framework
- Basic Medical Qualification which complies with the requirements of the Medical Registration Act (Cap 174) e.g. MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
- Medical Registration Certificate (Full Registration or Conditional Registration) issued by Singapore Medical Council.
- Practising Certificate (Full Registration or Conditional Registration) issued by Singapore Medical Council.
For All Hazards
- Postgraduate Occupational Health Qualification e.g. M Med (OM), Graduate Diploma in Occupational Medicine (GDOM).
For Compressed Air Environment Hazard Only
- Hyperbaric or Underwater Medicine qualification e.g. NUMOC (Naval and Undersea Medical Officer Course)
The list of such approved designated factory or workplace doctors is here: http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/safety-health/Designated%20Workplace%20Doctors.pdf